- To minimise travel and logistical complications our approach has been to form a bubble with a group of local clubs.
- Where there were gaps in age-groups we have filled them with alternative fixtures to ensure all teams have the opportunity to play.
- With consideration to pitch availability, social distancing, and managing the arrival of players, parents and visitors, Eccles RFC will be introducing staggered kick off times at home.
- The plan has made allowances for pitch set up, warm ups, game time and dispersal.
- Naturally, older teams require more time for their warm up and games than younger teams.
- Please note the time on the spreadsheet is KICK OFF, NOT warm up or meet time.
- KO times must be adhered to in order facilitate later games on the same pitch.
- Eccles RFC Coaches & Managers are requested to arrive at least 15 mins before their players and visitors in order to prepare the pitch and organise equipment sanitisation.
- All venues/timings published below are subject to change. M&J Fixture Secretary Leeann Aspinall will confirm the fixtures each week - we hope on the Monday prior to the games following confirmation from the opposition.
Fixtures will be contact friendlies, observing the usual age-grade durations and temporary adapted laws (no scrums, no mauls). The aim is to provide all players with competitive game time. Enjoyment is more important than result.
- 0915 coaches arrive, 0930 players arrive, 0945 warm up, 1000 KO, 1045 depart pitch.
- 0930 coaches arrive, 0945 players arrive, 1000 start session, 1100 depart pitch.
- 1030 coaches arrive, 1045 players arrive, 1100 warm up, 1130 KO, 1230 depart pitch.
- 1200 coaches arrive, 1215 players arrive, 1230 warm up, 1300 KO, 1430 depart pitch.
- Nobody should come to the club if they are feeling unwell, have Covid 19 symptoms, or are living with anyone who has tested positive in the last 10 days.
- If you’re an Eccles RFC player/coach/volunteer you must submit a pro-active declaration before arrival at the club.
- If you are a visiting player/coach/volunteer you must use your own club's equivalent player participation system to record contact details.
- If you are a visitor / parent at Eccles RFC you must scan the NHS Test & Trace app QR code with your with your phone, displayed at the access gates on arrival. This is a legal requirement and those who refuse to provide contact details or use the NHS QR code must be refused access to our venue.
- This approach is reciprocal: When Eccles RFC teams visit other clubs we will take responsibity of collecting our players/coaches declarations and will observe our host's 'local rules' as required.
- All players should arrive at Eccles RFC changed and ready to play.
- Toilet facilities will be available on site but there are no changing facilities available at this time.
- Players should bring thier own water bottle and hand sanitiser. Balls and equipment will be sanitised by the coaches.
- Visitors are reminded to be mindful of congestion at entrances and access gates.
- Off the pitch, everyone should maintain 2m social distance between themselves and others.
- Spectators are not yet allowed at community sport events.
- One parent/guardian is permitted to wait for their child whilst they play but parents must not huddle or mix with others on the touchline.
- Pitch 1 and Pitch 2 have been seeded and are off limits. Please walk down the sides, following the one way system, and do not cut across the pitches to access the gates.
- Please depart your pitch area promptly after the end of your game. Another team may well be arriving to occupy the same pitch.
- On the 2nd, 9th and 16th May the club will be operating a takeaway service to provide food and drinks. Contactless card payments are preferred.
- From Sunday 23rd May we hope Eccles RFC will be able to offer indoor hospitality.
V2 - Fixtures updated Tue 20 April 17:00