Community Rugby Coach
Eccles RFC is an inclusive community club with over 120 years of history in cultivating Home Grown talent. We believe in Rugby for All. Our club is based in a region with strong competition from Rugby League and Football. As such, we are looking for a highly motivated, committed individual who has the ability to deliver results to targets and believes in the values of Rugby Union and the power of sport to change lives.
This CRC role will involve delivering a programme of activity in Salford High schools with the objective of improving links and the recruitment of Junior players. The role will also involve promoting the club to its community, delivering high quality, player-centred coaching sessions, delivering coaching CPD, supporting our DofE Award scheme and the recruitment of male and female adult players from local colleges and universities. (The role may include coaching in primary schools in the future but this is not our present focus).
- Hours: Full Time. 37.5 hours per week, on a pro rata basis
- Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 p.a. subject to experience
- Reporting to: Eccles RFC rugby management group and Sam Simpson Director of Rugby.
- Start Date: August 2021 for a 12 month engagement, with potential for 2 further years.
- Plan and deliver high quality, player-centred coaching sessions, sport camps and community programmes, to participants of varying ages, abilities and experiences, including in-school, after-school and club coaching.
- Promote and establish strong relationships between local schools and education establishments with Eccles RFC, to provide individuals with the opportunity to progress within Rugby at our club.
- Ensure the health and safety of all participants, including risk assessments and complying with RFU safeguarding policies and practices.
- Promote and represent Eccles RFC in a professional, approachable, personable manner at all times.
- Support and assist the established Eccles RFC Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme, guiding, encouraging, mentoring our young people (U14-U18), setting physical activity goals, supervising and assessing their progress.
- Plan, promote and deliver a high quality regular programme of CPD for the club’s volunteer Mini & Junior coaches.
- Level 2 / England Rugby Coaching Award qualification.
- DBS, First Aid & RFU safeguarding certification (or be working towards)
- Proven ability in planning and delivering high quality sports sessions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to create engaging presentations and reports.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with school and club personnel.
- Ability to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends
- Ability to deliver results to targets.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- A valid driving license and access to own vehicle
- Knowledge of the Salford community would be an advantage.
To apply please send relevant CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 30th July 2021
Interviews will take place during w/c 16th August 2021
To share a summary of this opportunity with a candidate click Download