This weekend we celebrated local brewing with the support of our club sponsor First Chop, who are based just a few hundred yards from our ground on Gorton Street, Eccles. First Chop owner Rik and brewer Cal joined us for the Saturday match and the Tap Takover post match refreshments.
Saturday 16th – Eccles v Wrexham (KO 14:30), Eccles 3XV v Sandbach 3XV (KO 15:00)
All hand pumps on our bar were dedicated to beers from First Chop, offering a wide range of beer types, some of which are not normally available on a hand pull:
1. CAL - a west coast IPA dry hopped with citra, a lovely pine filled beer with hints of grapefruit and a refreshing bitter finish.
2. ACE - a malt forward lager with assertive bitterness from the finest German noble hops, rounded out with subtle sweetness from the Vienna malt.
3. OOFT – a lovely creamy oatmeal stout with red berry and cherry aroma from fresh cherry puree, decadent and very moreish.
4. AVA – a traditional golden ale with a continental lager kick. A mashup of the finest Marris Otter pale malts from the UK and Slovenian Bobek Hops cultivated in Alpine waters to create a real thirst quencher for those late summer days.
5. USA - a west coast IPA; pine, resinous, off caramel colour with subtle sweet caramel flavours.
6. CASCADE (single hop) - Earthy grapefruit vibes and a traditional English hop aroma.
7. JAM - a lovely pale ale with slight caramel sweetness, packed full of fruity American hops giving intense fresh mango flavours.
Please note : The more you drink of the first 4 beers the quicker the remaining 3 beers will be brought on line. So drink up and support the club!
Sunday 17th – Eccles Jnr Colts v Clitheroe (KO 12:30pm), Eccles Ladies v Sale (KO 14:00)
With Junior fixtures in the morning, a mid-day Colts game (v Clitheroe KO 12:30pm) and Ladies game (v Sale KO 2pm KO) in the afternoon, the club bar was open to offer eager thirsty Sunday supporters the opportunity to try the remaining First Chop Beers.
All in all, a very enjoyable 2-Day event proved to be a great success with 3 and a bit firkins supped.