Following the recent Government and RFU announcements the club is able to outline its proposed plans for the return to activities at Eccles RFC, observing the published restrictions.
Naturally, after such a long lay-off, the focus for the coming months will be on player retention and player safety, building up activity gradually.
For our Senior teams this will mean a return to contact training (excluding scrum & mauls) at the end of March, with activities continuing during April and the possibility of competitive and non-competitive games thereafter.
For our age-grade teams this means there will be 4 weeks of training and contact rugby preparation in April followed by the possibility of 5 weeks of games in May, with local clubs, playing adapted laws (no scrums or mauls).
More details will follow via team coaches. For more clarification on the RFU roadmap call Eccles RFC Director of Rugby Sam Simpson 07935 403171
- Thursday 25 March - The club crowdfunder ends.
- Monday 29 March - Walking Rugby returns, 7pm.
- Tuesday 30 March - Senior training returns, 7pm.
- Saturday 3 April - Touch rugby returns, 10am.
- Sunday 4 April - M&J training returns, 10am.
- Monday 12 April - The gym can re-open.
- From Saturday 17 April - The clubhouse can re-open and begin to serve people food and drinks outdoors. There will be no need to order a substantial meal with alcohol, but customers must order, eat and drink while seated.
- From Saturday 1 May - Adult and Age Grade matches with adapted laws are possible.
- From Monday 17th May - Indoor hospitality can begin in the clubhouse. Full contact training may be possible.
- Monday 31st May - The age-grade match season ends. Age grade 'out of season' regulations are suspended for 2021 and replaced with a range of non-contact and contact training & playing with the aim of preparing players for a return to the full contact game in September 2021.
- 17-year-olds playing full contact adult rugby is suspended until Saturday 1 January 2022.
- From Saturday 5th June - Adult full contact matches may be possible.
- From Monday 21st June - we hope all national COVID restrictions will be lifted and we can begin to host summer social events at the club.
When you visit the club please remember
- All players, coaches and volunteers must submit a ProActive app declaration before arrival. No exceptions.
- To bring your own water bottle and hand sanitiser
- To maintain a 2m distance between yourselves and others when spectating.
- To wear a mask when inside the clubhouse.
- Nobody should come to the club if they are feeling unwell, have Covid 19 symptoms, or are living with anyone who has tested positive in the last 14 days.